Alex Galarza, Andrea Zellner and Benjamin Sawyer discuss recent articles on the GradHacker blog and discuss posts from /r/GradSchool subreddit. Alex is then joined by Tim Lepczyk to discuss his work at eduhacker and digital humanities in general.
About the Guests
Tim Lepczyk is a Fellow in Digital Humanities at Hendrix College and the main force behind Eduhacker.
Links mentioned in or relevant to the episode:
- “Accepting Setbacks: Surviving When Your Dissertation Changes” by Katy Meyers
- “Thesis Hatement” by Rebecca Schuman
- “You’re F*****, and You’re Probably to Blame” by Karen Gregory
- Rebecca Schuman’s Response to Criticism of Thesis Hatement
- “What maddening responses do you get when you tell someone you’re a grad student in your field?” from /r/GradSchool subreddit
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Gradhacker’s music is “Salty, Nascent, Just for Me” by scottaltham / CC BY-NC 3.0