Andrea Zellner, Ben Sawyer, and Alex Galarza discuss recent posts on the blog and start a new segment where they respond to questions from the /r/GradSchool subreddit! Alex is then joined by guests Jason Heppler, Miriam Posner, and Tim Carmody to discuss graduate training and #altac career paths.
About the Guests
Jason Heppler is a Gradhacker author, a PhD Candidate at Nebraska, and works currently as a Academic Technology Specialist in the History Department at Stanford.
Miriam Posner is the Digital Humanities Program Coordinator at UCLA and received her PhD in Film Studies and American Studies at Yale.
- “Training grad students for a new scholarly landscape”
- Stop Being Polite and Start Getting Real: Professional Education for Professional Humanists
- Memory to myth: tracing Aaron Swartz through the 21st century
- How do you deal with the fact that nothing you do in graduate school is impressive or surprising? – from /r/Gradschool
- (TA advice) What is the best way to deal with students who unfairly complain about their grade? – from /r/Gradschool
- The Humanities, Unraveled – Michael Bérubé