Andrea Zellner, Benjamin Sawyer, and Alex Galarza discuss recent articles on the GradHacker blog and discuss posts from /r/GradSchool subreddit. Alex is then joined by Greg Colón Semenza to discuss Dr. Semenza’s book Graduate Study for the 21st Century: How to Build a Career in the Humanities.
About the Guests
Greg Colón Semenza is Associate Professor in the Department of English at the University of Connecticut.
Links mentioned in or relevant to the episode:
- “Seven Reasons to Write From the Start,” by Kaitlin Gallagher
- “Teaching with Google Docs” by Stephanie Hedge
- “What is Being a TA like?” from /r/GradSchool subreddit
- “Friends, comrades, how do I gut a monograph?” from /r/GradSchool subreddit
- “Under-qualified for grad school?” from /r/GradSchool subreddit
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Gradhacker’s music is “Salty, Nascent, Just for Me” by scottaltham / CC BY-NC 3.0