Gradhacker Podcast Episode 2 – THATCamp “It’s All About the People”
Check out the newest episode over at podcast.gradhacker.org! Alex and Andrea interview Ethan Watrall and Amanda French to discuss THATCamp; what is it and why should grad students care? The hosts then discuss a number of Gradhacker stories.
Links Mentioned in or relevant to the Episode
- The declared ‘Death of the Unconference‘ and Amanda French’s insistence that ‘The Unconference is Alive’
- Katy’s “Stoicism in Grad School”, Julie’s “Perils of Perfectionism”, and an anonymous entry on “Dealing With Abuse in Grad School”
- Andrea’s post on dealing with the dreariness of the job market: “Fighting HEARSE: Higher Ed Apocalypse Reading SyndromE“
- Terry’s popular piece on Stripping Down the Writing Process
- Alex’s recent post on why you should to go THATCamp and Chris Alen Sula’s reflection on a talk given by Tom Schienfeldt on THATCamp as a scholarly society.
You can now subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Tagsalt-ac anxiety Campus Resources classroom dynamic conferences depression disability dissertation evernote family food fun Google+ grading Health inspiration interdisciplinary job market job search meditation mental health motivation networking Organization parenting personal productivity professional professionalism professionalization research semester break Social Networking software stress students syllabus teaching technology tools Twitter wellness workflow work flow writing
What mistakes did you make at your first conference? @yes_thattoo wants to know: bit.ly/2sRaPuo
Heading to your first conference? @yes_thattoo reflects on what went well, and what didn’t. bit.ly/2tOQpzz
Ever taken a shortcut at a conference? @yes_thattoo reflects on ways to save time: bit.ly/2sR66ZM