Have you ever been part of a similar conversation?
Colleague: Hey, I heard that you completed [insert task] (comps, proposal, thesis dissertation document)!
You: Yes, it feels great it out of the way!
Colleague: I bet. So now you just need to [insert next daunting task] (do your proposal, write your dissertation, find [...]
As a grad student, I’ve successfully proposed courses as part of applying for teaching opportunities within my home institution. I proposed and taught a thematic, first-year composition class for my home department three times. I proposed and taught an introductory medical humanities course for the Collins Living-Learning Center at my home [...]
With another conference season about coming to an end, I thought I’d write my first GradHacker post on writing the academic conference proposal. Presenting at conferences is a big part of graduate student professional development and has traditionally been a key place for professional networking, both formal and informal. Attending conferences is also great for getting a [...]
- Shyane Siriwardena on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Perfectionism and Its Discontents | Mental Faculties on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Terry Hanisch on 3 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know about Google Scholar
- Carlos Vega on percussion manley beats solo hd Jimmy the electrical on muskie Pin Up Wall Tampa Bays Social Networking Community! on Stoicism in Grad School
- itrackbehavior- a special education community blog for sharing experiences, strategies and techniques for behahavior management on The Course Proposal: A How-To Guide for Grads
Tagsbootcamp Campus Resources classroom dynamic committee conferences copyright digital archive dissertation Dropbox evernote family fun Funding Google+ grading guest post Health ifttt inspiration job market leaving academia lit review meditation networking parenting productivity professionalism professionalization proposal recipe research semester break Social Networking stress students syllabus teaching thatcamp tools Twitter video winter work flow writing writing groups
- mg_briggs: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta-dissertating?"#PhDChat http://t.co/OHk4s2XV77 »
- IveyPhD: RT @GradHacker Today at #GradHacker, @Carleen_C shares 3 tips for dissertating in the summer #PhDChat http://t.co/n8IocqgjNd »
- IveyPhD: RT @GradHacker Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta dissertating?" #PhDChat http://t.co/hoJxBpKxaH … »
- bonesdonotlie: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta-dissertating?"#PhDChat http://t.co/KwF8Po1KTH »
- View All