In our teaching roles as graduate students, we often are called on to assess students’ participation in classroom activities like discussion; often, this evaluation assumes the form of assigning an actual grade to such effort.
As I look back on my graduate school career (yes, I successfully defended my dissertation last month!), one constant stands [...]
At my institution, spring break is now a good three weeks behind us. As the academic year lets out its last gasp of life, the natural world is teeming. At least, it is here in southern Indiana, where we’ve been blessed—er, cursed, depending on your tolerance to tree pollen—with an extremely early spring.
Because many of us are approaching a new semester, I’d like to reflect on “first day” rituals. As a section leader, instructor of record, or professor, how do you begin the first day of class, and why? This year, I’m the section leader and grader for an introductory American Studies course. Prior to this appointment, [...]
- Shyane Siriwardena on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Terry Hanisch on 3 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know about Google Scholar
- Carlos Vega on percussion manley beats solo hd Jimmy the electrical on muskie Pin Up Wall Tampa Bays Social Networking Community! on Stoicism in Grad School
- itrackbehavior- a special education community blog for sharing experiences, strategies and techniques for behahavior management on The Course Proposal: A How-To Guide for Grads
- TLW118: First Time Teaching on Preparing to Teach for the First Time
Tagsbootcamp Campus Resources classroom dynamic committee conferences copyright digital archive dissertation Dropbox evernote family fun Funding Google+ grading guest post Health ifttt inspiration job market leaving academia lit review meditation networking parenting productivity professionalism professionalization proposal recipe research semester break Social Networking stress students syllabus teaching thatcamp tools Twitter video winter work flow writing writing groups
- mg_briggs: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta-dissertating?"#PhDChat http://t.co/OHk4s2XV77 »
- IveyPhD: RT @GradHacker Today at #GradHacker, @Carleen_C shares 3 tips for dissertating in the summer #PhDChat http://t.co/n8IocqgjNd »
- IveyPhD: RT @GradHacker Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta dissertating?" #PhDChat http://t.co/hoJxBpKxaH … »
- bonesdonotlie: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta-dissertating?"#PhDChat http://t.co/KwF8Po1KTH »
- View All