During the first winter break of my graduate school career, I left campus for more than a month. When I returned, I discovered that all of my mail had been removed from my mailbox and had been returned to the senders courtesy of the U.S. Postal Service.
Easy rookie mistake.
I was no stranger to [...]
At some point, you’ll reach the “senior year” of grad school—that last year in which you may not count down to “graduation,” but rather to the degree conferral, and [...]
The typical perspective a graduate student is someone who is hungry, poor, and hungry. Holed up in the library, or trapped in a lab into the wee hours of the night, the helpless graduate student is at the mercy of his or her tyrannical advisor and can be spotted across campuses with large Ziploc bags [...]
- Shyane Siriwardena on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Perfectionism and Its Discontents | Mental Faculties on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Terry Hanisch on 3 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know about Google Scholar
- Carlos Vega on percussion manley beats solo hd Jimmy the electrical on muskie Pin Up Wall Tampa Bays Social Networking Community! on Stoicism in Grad School
- itrackbehavior- a special education community blog for sharing experiences, strategies and techniques for behahavior management on The Course Proposal: A How-To Guide for Grads
Tagsbootcamp Campus Resources classroom dynamic committee conferences copyright digital archive dissertation Dropbox evernote family fun Funding Google+ grading guest post Health ifttt inspiration job market leaving academia lit review meditation networking parenting productivity professionalism professionalization proposal recipe research semester break Social Networking stress students syllabus teaching thatcamp tools Twitter video winter work flow writing writing groups
- mg_briggs: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta-dissertating?"#PhDChat http://t.co/OHk4s2XV77 »
- IveyPhD: RT @GradHacker Today at #GradHacker, @Carleen_C shares 3 tips for dissertating in the summer #PhDChat http://t.co/n8IocqgjNd »
- IveyPhD: RT @GradHacker Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta dissertating?" #PhDChat http://t.co/hoJxBpKxaH … »
- bonesdonotlie: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @KtlnG says you should ask yourself if you're "Meta-dissertating?"#PhDChat http://t.co/KwF8Po1KTH »
- View All