There’s a new campaign in academia: hacking. GradHacker is just one part of a wider movement seeking to engage with the academy in a new way. HackLib founder, Micah Vandegrift explained that his “group took it upon themselves to engage professional development in higher education and, utilizing social media and other technologies, craft it to their specifications”. Hack Library School and GradHacker share this goal.
Hack Library School has created a collaborative space for graduate students in library school to re-imagine the discipline and profession. Their hackers blog about a variety of topics including internships, secrets of the profession, new digital library projects, and how to survive in library school.
Hack Library School has supported GradHacker from the start, and we are excited to cross-publish our content with them for the next week. The crossover will consist of discussions on a variety shared topics including advisor/advisee relations, favorite technologies, and professional development and experience. Next week, both sets of authors will come together to launch the Gradhacker Podcast and discuss the previous week’s content and their shared goals in hacking academia.
Please join us in welcoming Hack Library School to GradHacker, and check out us on their blog this next week.
-Katy and Alex, GradHacker Editors
- manelle on 7 Ways to Survive a Lit Review
- Shyane Siriwardena on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Perfectionism and Its Discontents | Mental Faculties on The Perils of Perfectionism
- Terry Hanisch on 3 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know about Google Scholar
- Carlos Vega on percussion manley beats solo hd Jimmy the electrical on muskie Pin Up Wall Tampa Bays Social Networking Community! on Stoicism in Grad School
Tagsbootcamp Campus Resources classroom dynamic committee conferences copyright digital archive dissertation Dropbox evernote family fun Funding Google+ grading guest post Health ifttt inspiration job market leaving academia lit review meditation networking parenting productivity professionalism professionalization proposal recipe research semester break Social Networking stress students syllabus teaching thatcamp tools Twitter video winter work flow writing writing groups
- bonesdonotlie: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @throughthe_veil gives tips for preparing for the job market #PhDChat http://t.co/TQycE7f1ho »
- jmadelman: Good ideas. RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @throughthe_veil gives tips for preparing for job market #PhDChat http://t.co/Hdx5wuRM14 »
- insidehighered: RT @GradHacker: Today at #GradHacker, @throughthe_veil gives tips for preparing for the job market #PhDChat http://t.co/hh8Cl9mR0u »
- WideOpenEd: Beginning early is key! RT @GradHacker #GradHacker, @throughthe_veil gives tips for preparing for the job market. http://t.co/u6OPLUA9GN »
- View All